Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Highs and Lows of This Week...

Contrary to the thoughts of my children, well, the younger ones anyway, we have about 3 or four inches of snow on the ground which I grew tired of rather quickly. I can’t wait for it to melt (please hurry!). Yes, it looks pretty from the inside of my house! But I don’t like getting out in it. Oh well, I just have to deal with it… they are calling for more tonight! Sigh…

On a happy note, we received a surprise in the mail a couple days ago. Our mail has been coming a little late due to snow, rain, wind... winter- so the mail has been late but it has been delivered. Anyway we got the mail yesterday morning and found a nice check from the State of Illinois Comptroller's office! In Illinois parents are given a stipend/reimbursement for transporting their children to school because school busing isn't available like it is in other places. So we were reimbursed mileage for transporting three children to school last year! This year's will be even more with Kaitlyn at Lane Tech, it is a little further. We had forgotten all about it! I think that made it even more special!!!

I have managed to get another one of my trees up so that makes two- and my mantle is done. I also hung my wreaths. I'll put up my live tree tomorrow after the Youth Vision Banquet and decorate the front windows if I feel like it. That will be it.

I just don't have the time or assistance I am used to! Before moving to Chicago I had been employed by our church. Hospitality and hosting was a part of my job so I could make time in my week for it plus I had a team that helped me immensely! I finally came to terms with the fact that I just can't do it all by myself and like before... it is not humanly possible! This has not been easy for me to accept. If it was up to me I would be in ministry full time doing what God has called me to- and to be honest, it is what I love best! I love ministering the love of God to people. I love encouraging each person to discover who they are in Him. I love seeing lives change by and for the glory of God! yes, I can (and do) function in my calling in spite of working a secular job... but if I had the choice right now....

I have been restless this week. Yeah, that is definitely the right word- restless, physically, mentally and somewhat spiritually. I believe this means something is stirring, something is about to happen for me, for my family... I know this means it is time to focus, watch and pray.
Craig and I are coming into agreement for some powerful things next year. I'll be sharing more as the years comes to a close.

Wow- it is so hard to believe how fast 2007 has come and gone! It is hard to believe that we have been in Chicago a little over a year now. Hmmm, time is flying by...

Love & Blessings...

2 comments:

Duke said...

Peace be with you Tara.Your high for today
The good news is that the time has come,
the harvest is ripe.

Anonymous said...

You go girlie!