Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Kelsea...


My almost 13 year old daughter kelsea was working on a project for school about her heritage. She had to do one of those "I am from..." poems and I was so proud of it I wanted to share it. She, out of all of my girls is such a mix of Craig and I gift and talent wise. And she is SO passionate! I am very proud of her...

I am from…

By Kelsea Sloan

I am from the Bible

from hairspray and brownies

I am from the comfortable, cozy warmth

feeling of family and friends close by

I am from the sunflowers growing beautifully

The great big oak whose long limbs I remember as if they were my own

I’m from movies and popcorn on Friday nights

from Tara and Craig

I’m from preaching and myspace

and from performing all of our God-given talents

I’m from don’t mess with boys and don’t eat that

and You Are My Sunshine

I’m from Christmas with family

I’m from Fort Myers and Europe

fried chicken and tea

From Adam and Eve

Who were the first humans that set foot on this earth

Wonderful pictures and memories of the past and present

Scrapbooks under my bed about my life.

1 comment:

redheadrev said...

That is a really great poem!