Tuesday, April 10, 2007

In Other Words...




Words are one of the most powerful forces in the universe. God gave this force to us, but before He gave this awesome resonsibility to us, He gave us HIS WORD.

The Word of God, never changing, but ever changing us. Those ancient Words, filled with His power, filled with His plan for our lives. Words meant to guide us, direct us, and fill us.

I passed a sign on a church building yesterday that said, "God Still Speaks..." I pondered that for a quiet moment and then I heard Him. He said, "Actually, I never stopped." I grimaced as I heard Him. But before I could speak anything back, He spoke again. "The problem Tara (yep, He calls me by name!), is that people have stopped listening."

My heart lurched and tears sprang to my eyes as I heard Him. My head held all kinds of excuses, my heart was heavy. The problem was not that He was not speaking, He had been speaking for thousands of years. Ready, willing, and able to change the hearts of man. The problem lies with us. We weren't listening, our hearts had not come to Him open; instead our hands and mouth.

I repented them and there. For the rest of the ride home I was quiet, my heart lighter, and my heart, now open.


"Ancient Words, ever true
Changing me and changing you
We have come with open hearts
O let the ancient words impart."
~ Lynn DeShazo~
In Other Words is being hosted by Loni at Joy in the Morning. Thanks Loni for reminding us how precious His Word is!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Awesome post, thanks for sharing.