Thursday, January 15, 2009

Touching Base....


The last few days have been filled with catching things up with Craig. So much to talk about, so much to share, and so much more to plan!

We now have a firm moving date, the Sloan family will be heading south February 4th. Our Alabama arrival will be February 5th. The house has been finalized, the utilities ordered, and the truck reserved. There is still much to prepare, but we'll take it one day at a time!

As I watch the news tonight, I am hearing that tomorrow will be even colder than today! With wind chill temps registering 47 below, it does not seem possible, but alas, it seems to be! More layers, and limited time outside home... THAT is key to surviving this Arctic blast!

I've been preparing at work for my transition to working remotely from Alabama. It is important that I cross every t and dot every i... I must be organized and proactive in this endeavor. There are some new developments that will enlarge my areas of responsibility as well. We are working diligently on transitioning several more projects onto our web based system which I oversee. I am ready for the challenge!

I wanted to touch base today since it had been a few days... I pray all is well with you! Drop me a shout out and let me know!





1 comment:

Melissa said...

ooo girlfriend 47 below, wow I knew you all up there were freezing but wow! I am a bit late on catching up on my blog reading. But I too am taking on the one word challenge. My word for the year is going to be perspective. Too see situations positively instead of negatively, see hope instead of dispare to see God's eye view and not mine. A challenge I do believe for many but for me a struggle with this alot. Love ya and wish I could help pack.