Wednesday, December 31, 2008

50 Things I Learned in 2008


My friend Pastor Deanna decided to blog on the fifty things she learned this year, and I decided to do the same. I know for a fact that just like me, PD has learned many more than 5o things this year, but these are some highlights.

1.) There's NO place like home.
2.) My girls are much wiser than I ever imagined.
3.) The grass isn't necessarily greener on the other side of the fence.
4.) I love my husband more than I would have ever imagined.
5.) It is okay for stand up for yourself.
6.) I don't always have to be right.
7.) Money isn't everything, but it does help.
8.) I REALLY love the south.
9.) The importance of covenant relationships in my life.
10.) God means it when He says He'll never leave nor forsake me! "When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him and put him to flight" Is 59:19
11.) Writing is a passion that will never be squelched in me.
12.) People will disappoint and I will disappoint people.
13.) The importance and freedom of forgiveness.
14.) The importance and freedom in being forgiven.
15.) Perfection is something I will never achieve, but excellence is always within my grasp.
16.) Order and organization are necessities in my life.
17.) Cherry Coke Zero is my caffeine of choice.
18.) Some arguments just aren't worth the fight.
19.) It is okay to agree to disagree.
20.) Weight Watchers is really the best program for getting healthy.
21.) Prayer is a staple that I cannot live without.
22.) For some people "settling" is enough and they are happy, although I will never understand it.
23.) There ARE times when it is (and will be) necessary for me to pull off my high heels and earrings to throw down for family &/or a friend (spiritually and otherwise). :)
24.) Freedom is something to NEVER take lightly!
25.) My daughter Kaitlyn is becoming a very good cook!
26.) Listening is a learned and acquired skill that every person could benefit from.
27.) How much I LOVE a lazy Sunday afternoon with Craig and our girls watching a movie and snuggling.
28.) “Organizations that destroy the status quo win.” (Tribes, S. Godin)
29.)
"Inspiration is the momentary cessation of stupidity..."
30.)
"This generation of Christians is responsible for this generation of souls on the earth!" -- Keith Green
31.)
"God provides the men and women needed for each generation." -Mildred Cable
32.) There is truth in the saying,
"Show me your friends and I'll show you your future."
33.)
"When you are in a lion's den, don't curse the lions or they will eat you! Find a way to co-exist until you are released." John Kilpatrick
34.) The truth in this scripture...
"What a God! His road stretches straight and smooth. Every God-direction is road-tested. Everyone who runs toward Him makes it."Ps:18:30msg
35.) Multi-tasking is a God given talent!
36.) Culture has the strong willed ability to trump vision.
37.) I am a make it happen kind of gal!
38.) Divine appointments are set ups by the Lord for unimaginable opportunity!
39.) A spa pedicure &/or massage can turn a bad day around!
40.) Never get your brows or upper lip waxed by an angry Asian woman. (Seriously, don't... even if she is not angry with you... trust me on this...)
41.) Snow is seriously over rated.
42.) It never hurts to ask.
43.) I have really missed my family and friends... A LOT!
44.) I have five of the BEST kids in the world!
45.) Freedom House is going to ROCK for the Kingdom of God!
46.) You can go back home.
47.) Be careful what you ask for... you just might get it!
48.) I will never stop learning, being taught or educated!
49.) Super Walmart is a blessing!
50.) I am ready for 2009!




No comments: