Friday, February 15, 2008

Lexi's Miracle

Lexi and I just got back from meeting with the doctor who would have been performing surgery on my little five year old later this month. In January she came home with a report indicating she had failed a hearing test given at school. We had countless follow up meetings, appointments and tests with pediatricians and ENTs all coming to the same result… she had significant hearing loss, especially in her right ear due to chronic upper respiratory conditions. She would need to have her adenoids and tonsils removed and tubes placed in her ears to reinstate the hearing that she had lost.

Well, to make a long story short, we prayed for her and believed the report of the Lord that Lexi would be healed and whole and not require surgery. Today she walked in to the doctor’s exam room and hopped in his chair. “I am just fine!,” she told the doctor. He smiled and said, “Well, let’s take a look.” He then looked at me and said, “Well, she’s right!” Lexi hopped down and said, “I told you! I can hear just fine! I can tell you just want you said!” He then wanted to confirm everything and sent us to have some tests repeated. With each test Lexi repeated herself, “I am just fine! I can hear perfect!” Each test revealed that her hearing was indeed 100% perfect and all of her other symptoms were normal!

We were SO excited! Praise God for a wonderful miracle in our Lexi!!!

No comments: