Friday, August 31, 2007

The Theme Song of My Life

Well, I have been trying to vacation with my family and it has been happening. However, I have been on call for work and some other commitments have required attention as well. It hasn't been horrible but it stinks that I had to take time away from what should have been "non-thinking and total relaxation time."On the flip side, we took the girls to see "Hairspray" on Wednesday. It was really a great movie! Funny and had a great message. I really enjoy the merging of musicals with the big screen effects- it is something that the previous generation had with Doris Day, Rock Hudson, and Gidget that just kind of "seals" the deal, for me anyway.

I am one of those people who think that every person's life should have a "soundtrack" complete with overlying "theme song." Cheesy? Yeah, probably, but admit it, there are just certain times, situations and/or experiences that just make you want to burst into song! And what is even more fascinating is that times and seasons in our lives can change the musical score of our lives as well!

Kind of like Molly Shannon's character Mary Catherine Gallager. Whenever she experiences the highs and lows of life's roller coaster she does snippets from monologues. I LOVE that!

So, in closing, let me share with you what I would coin as my current "theme song" for my life and a few of the songs in my "musical score"...



Theme Song: "Unwritten" (Natasha Bedingfield)

Song Score:
"Destined to Win" (Degarmo & Key ) (oldie!)
"Still the One" (Shania Twain)
"Pretty Face" (Shania Twain)
"I Hope You Dance" (LeeAnn Womack)
"I Have Been Blessed" (Martina McBride)
"If You Want Me To" (Ginny Owens)
"Yes" (Shekinah Glory)
"Let It Rain" (Michae W. Smith or Bishop Paul S. Morton)
"I Will Run" (Misty Edwards)
"He's Been Faithful" (Brooklyn Tab)

(not necessarily in this order!)

I've shared mine... now what is the theme song and musical score of this season of your life?


Love & Blessings,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ironically, two of the theme songs of my life come from Hairspray: "You Can't Stop the Beat," and "I Know Where I've Been."

Also...

*I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
*Iris (Goo-Goo Dolls) - this song was popular the year my husband and I got engaged, and it just reminds me of him!
*The Potter's Hand
*Better is One Day
*The Keys to the Vault of Heaven (from the musical "Whistle Down the Wind)