Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Future is SOOOO Bright!

In recent weeks I have felt deep down that what lies ahead of me is SO bright that I need to wear shades! Yes, it’s my own little tribute to the 1980's tune, but with a slightly different twist! You see, I know that I have a destiny in Christ! Before I was a twinkle in my Daddy's eye, God had predestined and planned a hope and a future just for me, and it sure is bright!

It has been amazing to see that destiny start to play out, and it is only beginning! It seems the more I desire God, the more He shows me, the more He teaches me, and the more He shapes me. Daily I am realizing my purpose on this earth and His divine plan for my life.

God has a bright destiny for every one. In Jeremiah, the Lord spoke that he knew us before we were conceived. Chapter 29, verse 11 states, "I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not evil, plans to give you a hope and a future."

Wow! We're talking about some serious planning! He didn't just point to us as we were born and say, doctor, lawyer, preacher, janitor, mother, teacher... 'He planned a good, bright future for each one of us that will give us hope and a future.’ That's right, you have PURPOSE and DESTINY! God has a set of blueprints on each of us.

One particular area God has ordained as part of my destiny in Him is women's ministry. In 2003, I had the honor of launching Women of Purpose in Oxford, Alabama. God has given me a heart for women. It has become a mandate on my life to proclaim salvation, freedom, and destiny in Christ to women. , I'm not talking about tea parties, shopping trips and organizing potluck dinners (although we did those things at times). What I am talking about is so much bigger than tea, shoe sales and five can casserole! I am talking about women realizing that they have a bright destiny in Christ! So bright that they'll need to wear shades!

Although WOP definitely became a significant part of fulfilling my destiny in Christ, last year a geographical move forced me to lay it down. This was very difficult for me. My heart and soul went into the vision, planning, and strategies of WOP. Women were saved, radically changed, and empowered to embrace their identity in Christ! Those that had been held back were set free to discover and use their God-given gifts and abilities. Laying it down and handing my ladies over to someone else was one of the most difficult things I have ever done.

In November it will be one year since I laid down WOP. So much has happened since then. I have grown and matured in my walk with the Lord and I have learned some much needed lessons. God has taught me so much about His love, His grace, His timing, His favor, and His peace. I have also embraced who I am in Him on an even greater level!

About two months ago I began to feel pressed to pray concerning my next step in ministry. I started to feel all of these new twinges and zings of excitement inside. My hunger for women’s ministry was awakening once again. I began to hear God clearly from a visionary standpoint. He was giving me a prophetic preview of where he was taking me. I was excited though a million questions flooded my brain. Who, what where, when, why and how preceded every thought in my head.

Because of all of my unanswered questions I decided to “table” this new development and tackle some other areas that “I” felt were more “realistic” at this time. Things quickly began to click for me. However, as soon as I started to “get comfortable” in this new place, it all came crashing down.

As unintentional as it might have been every fiber of who I am in Christ was challenged. I shared earlier this week how difficult that was for me. Oh how it hurt. I turned to God, my husband and a few close friends for comfort. In spite of it all I refused to allow bitterness to invade my heart. Instead I took a few days and crawled into the lap of Jesus. As I was simply resting in Him, He used my husband and one of my dear friends, Pastor Deanna Shrodes to speak right into my situation. As they did, those familiar twinges and zings came back. As my husband says, “my ‘baby’ was jumping!” In response to the call of God on my life, my love for Him, ministry and people (women in particular) I made the decision to respond wholeheartedly.

What does this mean? Many things, but right now it basically means that I am making myself available. I am stepping into what I believe is a season of favor and manifestation of His promises over my life. I am going to pray, obey and move as He directs my steps. As I write this I am stirred by the music flowing out of my iPod, I just have to share the lyrics…..

“New Day Dawning” (Mary Alessi)

I can see a new day dawning

I can see a breakthrough coming

Joy comes in the morning

Breakthrough! Breakthrough!

Ha ha! That is exactly what He is doing in and through me! He is breaking through all of the disappointment, He’s breaking through every hurt, He’s breaking through every speck of doubt! How awesome is He!? He IS the Lord of the Breakthrough! And you know what- it’s a good thing I’ve got my shades- because as the SON breaks through all of the murkiness that threatened to hold me back- boy oh boy, the brightness of what is to come is so strong that I can hardly contain it! Excuse me while I slip on my shades!

No comments: