Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Limitless Living


I keep a small booklet entitled “Seeds of Wisdom” by Mike Murdock in my purse. I have read it many times and it is a constant encouragement to me. As I was reading it yesterday, one of the “seeds” really grabbed hold of my spirit. It was entitled “Picture Your Desired Future.”

“Know God’s dream for your life. Get The Picture. Big. Bigger. Fill up your mind, heart and life with it. Now make that vision consume your life… every thought… every conversation… everything around you.”

I read this statement over and over. The more I read it, the more it got inside of me. As I processed this powerful revelation, God began to open it up even more to me. I began to realize that if I want to experience the fulfillment of my destiny, I would have to allow myself to become fully consumed by His destiny for my life. One of the definitions of the word “consume” is “to engage fully, to become engrossed.”

As I pondered this realization, it became evident that to become fully “consumed” by something would mean that I relinquish my control, that I forego placing “limits’ on His plans (Jeremiah 29:11) or my potential (Philippians 4:13).

Another key point of Murdock’s statement is in the title, “Picture Your Desired Future.” Picture it! We must see it, visualize it! I have always loved the cliché, “If you can see it, you can be it!” This is such a true statement! Remember Kevin Costner in “Field of Dreams?” All he had was a “word” and a “picture,” or as my husband says, “a prophetic preview.” People thought he was crazy; as a matter of fact he put everything on the line for the “desired future” he pictured.

I particularly loved how each time he was almost ready to give up, he would find that extra “push” from somewhere within himself. Why? Because he was consumed! Even when others tried to limit him, he sought out those who could rally with him and help him fulfill his dream. His living became limitless as pursued his dream.

Martha Munizzi sings a song entitled, “No Limits.” The lyrics to this song are like faith confessions to me.

No Limits (Martha Munizzi)
(V1) You've been pressing pushing just to get through You've been praying believing for something new Your time is now for breakthrough (Bridge) I can see the words that he has spoken I can hear the sound of heaven open The time is now for you to just receive If you will just believe (V2) You've been hoping believing for a rebound You've been waiting until your season comes around Your time is now for breakthrough (Chorus) No limits, out of the box The ceiling, tear it off No limits, breaking out Walls come down (Tag) It's my time to dream The impossible I can do anything There's no limits at all

As I am consumed with the “prophetic preview” He has given me, I strive to live limitless! My prayer is that every limitation be broken, that every crooked place be made straight. I will surround myself with people who believe in me, with those who refuse to see anything less than God’s best for my life, just as I do for them.

My future is bright, and I am walking it out in Him. Victorious, limitless, boundless, and overflow living abounds in me as I seek to please Him wholeheartedly and as I become engrossed in His limitless plan for my life!
“If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed.” Proverbs 29:18 (The Message)

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Hey Girl....been checking out your blog - love it!! Loved this post - just did a preach on a similar theme! Anyways..hoping to check in more often...keep writing - you're right on my wave length!