Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Blast from the Past, Or Lean Cuisine Freezer Burn


Perhaps it was my Lean Cuisine, I think it had been in the freezer awhile, or maybe I was feeling a little nostalgic. Who knows! All I know is by mid day today I had listened to/watched pretty much all of the Mylon LeFevre and Broken Heart “Sheep in Wolves Clothing” tour on YouTube. Puh-lease do not ask me who Mylon LeFevre and Broken Heart is. Honestly, if you do, I will send you fifty YouTube videos of 80’s Christian rock, I promise.

I WISH I could say it stopped there, but… it didn’t. My viewing/listening pleasure also included selections by Stryper, Whiteheart, Degarmo and Key and alas, my all time favorite, Amy Grant. And no, not the Vince Gill Amy Grant. I’m talking about the Old Man’s Rubble/Find A Way/Lead Me On Amy Grant. Yeah, the classics. I knew every lyric and uh, I even knew a lot of the moves to the Mylon concert opener.

My blast from the past lasted about two hours. In my own little world behind my shades and earphones I was fourteen again wearing leg warmers, neon colors and a huge bow in my overly permed hair.

My two favorite videos? Hmm, Amy Grant’s live concert feed of Fat Baby was spot on! And I can never get enough of Mylon’s song “More.” I’ve included a few videos below for your own trip back in the YouTube time machine… enjoy!










5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to sing (while looking in the mirror, brush microphone in hand)
Angels watching over me, every move I make
ANGELS WATCHING over meeeeeeeeee!!!

I loved Amy Grant!

Sherri Walker-McCann said...

Wow! Doesn't THAT bring back memories?!

Anonymous said...

I dressed as Amy Grant for Halloween when I was 10 years old.

Awesome stuff!!!!

Anonymous said...

I dressed as Amy Grant for Halloween when I was 10 years old.

Awesome stuff!!!!

Unknown said...

Mylon is the all time best! I took an evening and shared all of the Mylon youtubes with my 17 year old son. He described it as - Sweet! I was doing a Mylon blog search and found you. Thanks for sharing.