Thursday, June 05, 2008

Don't Be Distracted


I came across this old post today and felt I should re-run it.... I pray it speaks to you...

I was going through some of my sermon notes recently and came across something I printed out in 2003. Finding it was timely. I plan on printing it up and framing it for both Craig and myself! It was taken from the site of Harry and Cheryl Salem, both great ministers of the gospel. I thought I ‘d share it in blog-form!

Eight Distractions from Destiny

*BROKEN FOCUS
Satan’s first attack is on the mind with lies, condemnation, accusations and temptations. Live by the Word!

*PEOPLE
Negative people are dream stealers. Be careful who you allow to influence your thinking and behavior.

*AN OFFENDED HEART

Let go of heavy burdens.

*DOUBLE MINDEDNESS
Do one thing well.

*LACK OF DIRECTION
Lack of direction opens the door to confusion. Seek God for a good road map.

*TIME
It takes time for the seed of vision to grow. Let go of instant gratification mentality.

*THE COMPARISON TRAP
Jealousy is the root cause of comparison. Don’t get caught in the trap.

*FEAR
Fear attacks our mind and emotions. Fear cannot defeat you unless you allow it to get its claws into you.





Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Dr. Deanna DossShrodes said...

Awesome stuff, we all need these reminders so much.

I love you and Craig so much. You have encouraged me for so many years...sharing what others have passed on to you...and sharing what God Himself has imparted to you.

I appreciate you. :-)