Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Tribute to Wives...

My husband Craig posted a really special blogpost today... I thought I would share it here...

"Putting Power in Your Prayers"

I have been studying about "Honor" for several weeks. This week God showed me something, I would like to share with you.

1 Peter 3:7
Husbands, likewise dwell with them with understanding, giving honor to the wife, as to the weaker vessel.

Here are several thoughts, that I received out of this scripture.

* Weaker vessel doesn't mean your wife is below you, it only means she can't bench press 300 pounds. The amplified says physically weaker to all you chauvinistic men out there. She may be weaker (physically) than you are , but she is your equal partner in God's gift of new life.

* We are equal partners, joint heirs... She receives the same grace, anointing, and potential as I do.

* Peter goes on to say that when we do not properly honor our wives, our prayer will not be answered (ouch!). If you honor your wife, you can have confidence in your prayers to God.

* Let me speak to some husbands, including me, do you treat your wife as valuable? D you listen to her words, or do you shun her? I have learned the hard way that most wives are far more discerning than we are, and more often than not, if we fail to listen to them, we will experience pain

* In the Kingdom of God there is neither male nor female... (Gal. 3:28). If you take the masculine and the feminine and put the two together and you'll find the complete reflection of God's image, Genesis tells us that He created him, male and female He created them (Genesis 1:27). God created him in His own image, but "him" is spelled out "male and female". It takes the male and female to give us the full representation of God. For that reason Paul states, "Nevertheless, neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord" (1 Cor. 11:11).

* We honor our wives in two ways: first as the weaker vessel (means we treat them like ladies) by protecting them, opening doors for her, pulling out the chair in the restaurant, protecting her from rude people (always protect), it also means we should prefer our wives, for example if you only have enough money to buy one outfit for a special occasion, buy it for her instead of buying one for yourself.

To lead in the Kingdom is not dominating but serving, always prefer her desires to yours unless it is a major decision and you have clear direction from God.

Secondly, by honoring them as joints heirs. This means she has equal standing in the eyes of God. This is contrary to most denominational mindsets. Women are not inferior, you don't have an advantage over them because you are a man. God's favor is held from Churches that believe the women are inferior. In fact you will find oppression, heaviness, and bondage in these places.

We must ask ourselves some questions, in some Churches why are women not included in the leadership teams? Why are females not given the same privilege to minister as the men? Why are women not included on the pastoral teams of some Churches? Why do we hear the Fathers voice and not the mother's voice? The body of Christ has been crippled due to the dishonor shown to women.

* Joel prophesied of the full restoration of women in ministry in the final days of the Church (Acts 2:17-18).

Psalms 68:11 says in the amplified, "the Lord gives the word (of power); the women who bear and publish (the news) are a great host (company).

* The first evangelist was Mary Magdalene, Jesus himself commissioned her to go tell the disciples, He had risen (John 20:17-18), and in Luke's gospel she was the lead speaker in proclaiming the Lord's Resurrection (Luke 24:10). The first person to speak to others of the Messiahs arrival was Anna (Luke 2:38). Philip had four daughters who spoke the word of the Lord (Acts 21:9) (I have 5 young evangelist). How can we fulfill the great commission if over half of the body of Christ is not honored to fulfill their calling?

Here is what we get men if we honor our wives.

1) Fulfilled women who are free to give full expression to what God's called them to do. The opposite is they will be depressed, unfulfilled, and limited.

2) Double the fruitfulness and maximum potential. You can produce and accomplish more together than you can by yourself.

3) Fulfilled Love life. If we honor our wives, they will honor us (yea baby!) Some men are still wondering why they never get sex from their wives, it is because if you treat them like they are nothing, you will get nothing!

4) Your children will serve the Lord. It is much easier for your children to serve the Lord if they can see the fullness in God than if they see division in the home. Who wants to serve a God that treats women like that. Let's be real men at home and not just at Church.

5) Answered prayer and open doors.

6) The Lord's blessing and favor on your finances, family, and faith. I believe one of the number one reasons marriages struggle with finances is because we don't honor our wives.

Let me finish by clarifying, I'm not a expert, I have not been perfected in this, but I can tell you I will strive to honor my wife in every way possible. From 1999 to 2004 I was on the road preaching. All I remember is getting on airplanes and getting off. Tara never complained, she was behind me and beside me 100%. I know someday, I will have the privilege and honor of carrying her bags and holding the fort as she travels all over the world preaching the gospel, I always tell people, she is a much better communicator than me, and I also know she will write many best selling books.

Here's to you babe, I will do my best to honor you for the rest of our lives. God, forgive me when I haven't.

You can read more from Craig at Positioned for Greatness..

Love & Blessings,

No comments: