Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lord, Have Mercy!

Lord, give me the patience and understanding to deal with my children! My parents are coming to visit this weekend and I have GOT to get my house in order! The girls are out of school so the three older ones have been home SOOOO, you would THINK they would be helpful and do a little something! But my sweet requests are met by grumbling! Ugh!

We had a huge rainstorm yesterday in Chicago. When I got home I realized that due to a couple of clogged gutters, our basement took on about an inch of water! Thankfully I took the time to organize my basement office on Saturday. If I had not, I would have lost SO much! Thank you Lord for prompting me to get off my rear! J Regardless, I have to air out the basement, have my nonskid rugs outside and hose them down and clean the floors down there! Oh- and clean out those gutters too!

I am frustrated with my children though! I don’t get it! There is SO much to do ad I am working and running Kaitlyn to her high school orientations (today and on Friday) PLUS trying to run a household! To be honest, right now I feel as if my household is running me!

On a happier note, I am excited to see my parents. It has been over a year since I have seen them. The last time we were together was when Isabella was born, last March. They are also bringing Kaitlyn her 8th grade graduation gift- a Toka drum! Have mercy! I’m not sure what they were thinking! Of course it was something she wanted- and well, Grammy and Poppy were happy to oblige!

Well, I am off to draft a “plan of attack.” Fly Lady here I come! Pray that I have Godspeed! TTFN J

No comments: