Friday, March 30, 2007

No "Nutheads" Allowed!



I feel bad. My newly turned five year old, Lexi has been giving us a run for our money at bedtime. She is SO wound up, she goes and goes until she just stops from sheer exhaustion! It is becoming a major issue!

Last night I was tired, Craig was tired, and everyone else was in bed. She was jumping around on my bed, being loud and silly. So I said, "Cut it out you nuthead! It's time for bed!"

Well, she did stop, but she burst into tears. Sobbing she said, "I am not talking to you anymore. You called me a nuthead. That is very mean. My teacher says we should never call names, even silly ones that can hurt feelings!"

She then collapsed on my bed in a puddle of tears. I tried to apologize, but she really wouldn't even look at me. She was asleep in two minutes after the ordeal.

This morning I woke up and went to wake her. She sat up and announced, "I said I wasn't going to talk to you."


It took three heartfelt apologies and a trip to the Dollartree to get back in her good graces. However, she has been going to sleep better since! Go figure!

No comments: